J.F. Isaksson wrote:I've decided to enlist the 17:th of Dec, and I was curious why the heck I have to show up there 2½ months earlier, exactly what am I supoused to do? Especially when I'll have to pay all the expenses such as food & shelter...
A couple of other points worth mentioning:
1. Have you ever lived in this climate before? It is worthwhile allowing your body to acclimate.
2. Have you ever lived on this kind of diet before?
3. Even being in Israel for the extra 10 weeks, it will help you with your hebrew. By now I hope you are listening to the news over the internet.
4. Do you have an Israeli bank account, telephone, understand where your embassy is, know how busses work, whereto go if you are sick?
5. How are you getting mail while you are in Israel.
These are just some of the things that this time in Israel will allow you to make arramgements for.